What is the credit union's field of membership?

In order to be eligible for membership at Health Care Credit Union, one of the following must apply to you:

Be an Intermountain Healthcare employee
Work in the healthcare profession in Salt Lake County or surrounding counties
Live in Salt Lake County
Member of the immediate family of an existing member
Existing member of Health Care Credit Union
Employee of Health Care Credit Union

How do I view my account information online?

If you have not yet registered your online banking account, please contact us to set up a temporary password.

If you have registered and are unable to login, please contact us to make sure your account is not locked and if necessary, reset your password.

What documentation is required to open a personal account?

We will verify your identity with your social security number and a government-issued identification card (a driver's license is most common). You will also need to pay a $0.50 new account fee in addition to making an initial $25.00 share deposit that will secure your membership with Health Care Credit Union. If you plan on applying for a loan in addition to your new account, you will also need to provide $5.00 to cover our first-time application fee.

What documentation is required to open a business account?

In addition to the items required for a personal account, we will verify that your business name is registered with the State of Utah. If applicable, please provide proof of the Tax Identification Number for the business, as well as the Articles of Corporation.

What is Privilege Pay?

Privilege Pay is a service Health Care Credit Union provides to eligible personal checking accounts. It is a $500 line of credit that can be used to clear checks and ACH transactions when there aren't enough funds available in your checking account to clear them. There is a $25 fee per transaction that uses Privilege Pay. If you would like to opt-out of this service, please contact us at 801-263-2185 for details.

Why didn't I receive a 1099-INT form?

If you earned less than $10.00 in dividends in a tax year the IRS does not require this negligible amount to be reported and you will not receive a 1099-INT form.

If you earned more than $10.00 in dividends in a tax year and have not received a 1099-INT form after the first week of February, please contact us for tax details.

What do I do if I see a debit or credit card charge on my account that I did not authorize?

If possible, contact the merchant directly. If they can reverse the charge on their own, this is the quickest solution.

If contacting the merchant is not possible or if they are unable to reverse the charge, please contact the Visa dispute line at 800-600-5249 to start a formal claim. Depending on the situation, you may also need contact us to report your card stolen and request a replacement card with a new number.

What do I do if I have lost my debit/credit card?

During the credit union's business hours, you should contact us so that we can block your card and order you a replacement card with a new number. During non-business hours, please contact Visa lost/stolen line at 800-528-2273 (Internationally: 812-647-9794).

How can I receive an incoming wire transfer from another institution?

The institution sending the wire transfer will need the following instructions:

Receiving Financial Institution:
Alloya Corporate FCU
4450 Weaver Parkway
Warrenville, IL 60555
ABA #324084003

Health Care Credit Union
ABA/Account #324078899

Further Credit/Beneficiary Reference:
HCCU Member's Name
HCCU Account #

I received a call or text from Health Care Credit Union stating there is fraud on my debit/credit card. How do I know if this is the Credit Union?

You can call one of our branches at 801-322-2252 to verify that this message was on behalf of the Credit Union. If you receive the call/text during non-business hours, you can also call our fraud monitoring service and verify if they contacted you. Their phone number is 800-889-5280 (Internationally: 513-744-3977).

Is there a notary available at the credit union?

A notary is available at our Main and Cottonwood Branches.


Health Care Credit Union was established in 1950 and first operated from a small room at LDS hospital. Later the Credit Union moved to a small house in the Avenues and then eventually moved to the present location on South Temple. Some of our members that have been with us from the beginning remember those first two offices. We now have two stand-alone offices, the Main Branch located in downtown Salt Lake and the Cottonwood Branch located in Murray. We also have satellite offices in LDS, Alta View, Riverton and IMC hospitals, as well as the Select Health and Lake Park administrative buildings. Today, Health Care Credit Union has $70 million in assets and over 8,000 members.

Mission Statement: We exist to provide desired financial services, competitive rates, and financial stability to our members. Our objectives are to offer lower loan rates, higher dividends, excellent customer service, and a financially sound organization to our members on a long term basis.

Field of Membership

To become a member of the Health Care Credit Union family, one of the following criteria must be met:

Be an Intermountain Healthcare employee
Work in the healthcare profession in Salt Lake County & surrounding counties
Live in Salt Lake County
Member of the immediate family of an existing member
Employee of Health Care Credit Union


Once a member, always a member.